Univision celebrities Alejandra Espinoza, Rodner Figueroa, Carlos Calderón, and Amores Verdaderos leading lady Eiza González confirmed to host pre-show
Eugenio Derbez to receive Supernova Award
Celebrating its 10th birthday with a sensational "beach bash," the 2013 Premios Juventud youth awards will air LIVE on the Univision Network on Thursday, July 18, 2013 at 7 p.m. ET/PT (6 p.m. Central)
MIAMI – JUNE 25, 2013 – With almost a month to go before the big event, the lineup of Latin music top stars confirmed to perform on Univision’s Premios Juventud (Youth Awards) is shaping up to be the biggest ever. The coolest, most unconventional awards ceremony on Spanish-language TV, the 10th Annual Edition of Premios Juventud will air on the Univision Network LIVE from the BankUnited Center at the University of Miami on Thursday, July 18, 2013 at 7:00 p.m. ET/PT (6 p.m. Central). The talent arrival pre-show will be hosted by Univision celebrities Alejandra Espinoza, Rodner Figueroa, Carlos Calderón, and Amores Verdaderos leading lady, Eiza González.
The first group of performers signed up for the spectacular show includes three chart-busting luminaries that are all nominated for 2013 Premios Juventud awards: Pitbull (five nominations), Thalía (four nominations), and Marc Anthony (one nomination). Also confirmed is pop singer/songwriter Jencarlos Canela, performing the world TV debut of his new single, I Love It.
In addition, Maite Perroni and Leslie Grace will also present world premieres, while up-and-coming singer Becky G, Angel & Khris, and DJ Chino ft. Fito Blanco and Papayo will add their unique styles to the celebration as well. Many more names will be announced in the coming weeks.
With five new categories added this year, and more than 90 celebrity nominees vying for awards in the areas of Music, Movies, Novelas, Sports, and Pop Culture, the Premios Juventud broadcast will celebrate its 10th birthday by hosting a sensational, surprise-filled "beach bash" in keeping with Miami’s world-famous fun-in-the-sun South Beach scene. Dozens of A-list Hispanic celebrities are expected to attend the event as performers, presenters, and guests.
As part of the celebration, for the first time ever, Premios Juventud will introduce the Summer Song 2013 category, in which the winner will become the official song of Univision’s summer on-air promotions. The nominees are Jencarlos Canela with his new single, I Love It, Angel & Khris with My Corazón, and DJ Chino featuring Fito Blanco and Papayo with Si Te Agarro. Fans can already start voting via PremiosJuventud.com and Twitter.
In addition to the spectacular musical numbers and unconventional award presentations, Premios Juventud 2013 will bestow its prestigious "Supernova Award" upon the hugely popular Mexican comedian Eugenio Derbez in recognition of his distinguished and wide-reaching career. Past recipients of the "Supernova" award include Fernando Colunga, Shakira, Maná, Ricardo Arjona, Chayanne, and Antonio Banderas.
To amplify TV viewing and provide an even more immersive digital experience, PremiosJuventud.com will have a comprehensive digital offering for fans, which will be unveiled beginning today and run through the night of the awards show. Digital integrations include:
* Premios Juventud Over the Past 10 Years. In celebration of the 10th Anniversary of "Premios Juventud," fans can relive the best video moments of the show since its inception in 2004; from the top winners, the best wow moments, red carpet events and much, much more.
* Special: Ten Years of Premios Juventud Fashion. Noted fashionista Rodner Figueroa celebrates a decade of couture hosting a weekly video recap of the best and worst dressed from past Premios Juventud award shows. Figueroa also gives fans the inside look on how to achieve the Premios Juventud 2013 Red Carpet Look.
* Worldwide Debuts of Anticipated Singles. PremiosJuventud.com will unveil the exclusive international debut of a duet sung by "The Corrido Phenomenon," Gerardo Ortiz, and his younger brother, Kevin Ortiz, who will be singing together for the first time. Additionally, Venezuelan breakout artist Jonathan Moly and producer Sergio George will unveil an adaptation of his new song, Mi Linda Princesa, exclusively for PremiosJuventud.com.
* Vote for the Summer Song 2013. For the first time ever, fans will have the opportunity to vote for their favorite song of summer 2013 via PremiosJuventud.com and by using the hashtags #pjiloveit, #pjsiteagarro and #pjmycorazon on Twitter. Voting is now open. The winner of the Summer Song 2013 will be unveiled LIVE during the Premios Juventud telecast on July 18. The Summer Song 2013 will also become the official theme song promoting Univision’s summer line-up in a six-week Univision/UniMás summer promotional campaign.
* Exclusive Celebrity Access. Special interviews will be featured on PremiosJuventud.com including exclusive footage with Maite Perroni, Leslie Grace, Becky G, El Daza, Abraham Mateo, Kat Dahlia, Jonathan Moly, Sonus, Kevin Ortiz, Valentino and Jencarlos Canela.
* Unique Video Content from Univision Stars. Marisela Demontecristo, winner of "Nuestra Belleza Latina" 2013, will give PremiosJuventud.com exclusive access to her styling room to show fans how she will be getting ready for the awards show. Additionally, Alejandra Espinoza will share insights into her career since first stepping foot on the Premios Juventud Red Carpet in 2007. She will also give fans a preview of the wardrobe she will wear as carpet host. Finally, alongside Carlos Calderón and Rodner Figueroa, Espinoza will also give fans a sneak peek of what will take place on this year’s red carpet.
The dedicated Premios Juventud Channel is also LIVE on the Univision Radio app featuring the biggest and most popular artists and nominated songs, including Jesse & Joy, Juanes, Larry Hernandez, Banda El Recodo, Robi "Draco" Rosa, Romeo Santos, Vicente Fernández, Victor Manuelle, Wisin & Yandel, Daddy Yankee, Beto Cuevas, and Jenni Rivera.
Since its debut in 2004, the Premios Juventud youth awards show has consistently been a phenomenal ratings success. In July 2012, the live broadcast of Premios Juventud delivered an average audience of 4.1 million Total Viewers 2+ and positioned Univision as the No. 1 broadcast network during the entire night among Adults 18-34 for the fifth consecutive year.
Social media activities for Premios Juventud made it the second most engaged awards show in 2012, regardless of language. This year’s 10th birthday beach bash will take fans’ access to their favorite stars and key moments to a new level. In the lead to the broadcast, fans can get the latest – from the celebrities participating to access to key history moments of Premios Juventud– by joining the conversation on Twitter via @PremiosJuventud and using the hashtag #PremiosJuventud, as well as comment along with others on https://www.facebook.com/PremiosJuventud and UnivisionPremios on Instagram.
Source: Univision Press Release